From Xertion Wiki
Revision as of 02:34, 26 March 2015 by Ryan ([SERVICES UPGRADE] Password reset procedure is different in Anope 2.0. RESETPASS now requires the email address for the account to be specified, and the CONFIRM command is used to confirm the code.)
Forgot your nickname's password? No problem! Just follow these steps:
- To initiate a reset request, type:
/msg NickServ RESETPASS nick email. The email address you use with this command MUST be the one associated with your NickServ account.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a passcode. You will need to use this passcode with NickServ's CONFIRM command within 24 hours:
/msg NickServ CONFIRM passcode
- Upon successful passcode entry, NickServ will generate a temporary password for your nickname and inform you of the new password via a notice.
- Identify to your nickname with the temporary password using:
/msg NickServ identify temporary password
- Once identified, you should change the password immediately:
/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD new password here
- NOTE: This command will not work if you are identified already.