From Xertion Wiki
Forgot your nickname's password? No problem! Just follow these steps:
- To initiate a reset request, type:
/msg NickServ RESETPASS nick email. The email address you use with this command MUST be the one associated with your NickServ account.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com containing a passcode. You will need to use this passcode with NickServ's CONFIRM command within 24 hours:
/msg NickServ CONFIRM passcode
- Upon successful passcode entry, NickServ will generate a temporary password for your nickname and inform you of the new password via a notice.
- Identify to your nickname with the temporary password using:
/msg NickServ identify temporary password
- Once identified, you should change the password immediately:
/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD new password here
- NOTE: This command will not work if you are identified already.